- Type: white sparkling wine
- Denomination: IGT Terre siciliane
- Grape: Grillo and Zibibbo
- Trellis System: Espalier with Guyot pruning
- Vinification: Cooling of the grapes and soft pressing of hand-harvested whole grapes. First fermentation, to obtain the sparkling wine base, in temperature-controlled steel tanks
- Foaming: first decade of February, in autoclave with addition of selected yeasts
- Refinement: autoclaved batonnage for 120 days
- Alcohol: 11,50 % vol
- Bottle capacity: 75 cl
- Food pairings: it is perfect for aperitifs but also to pair with seafood, shellfish and fish dishes
- Serving temperature: 5-6°C
- Color: pale yellow with greenish highlights
- Nose: hints of grapefruit and orange zest combine with fresh floral and Mediterranean scrub notes. Peach dominates among the white-fleshed fruits
- Taste: the aromatic profile perceived on the nose is confirmed. The perlage is lively. The flavor is fresh, savory and enveloping
Mother and father’s kisses soothed the baby»
(Cit The sea is of the same color as wine» by L. Sciascia)
Similarly, as time passes, Lulu’s bubbles soothe in the glass.
Today we have the pleasure to introduce you to Lulu, the first #FondoAntico’s sparkling wine made with the #charmat method. Lulu is a sea sparkling wine, reminding the smell of citrus fruits, the Mediterranean scrub, and white pulp fruit. The taste is fresh and savory with a lively perlage.
A wave that carries with the salty Sicilian wind. A wave to drink.