- Type: red
- Denomination: DOC Sicilia
- Grape: Nero d’Avola
- Trellis System:Espalier, counter-espalier
- Vinification:controlled temperature maceration for 10/12 days in wide stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature
- Refinement:in stainless steel tanks and in bottles
- Alcohol: 13,5 % vol.
- Bottle capacity: 75 cl
- Food pairings:Good to enjoy with “its” Risotto al Nero D’Avola and cloves.
Greatly matching grilled meat and mediumaged cheeses. Pleasant with fishes and couscous. To sample with ancient dishes like roasted tuna with onions and mint.
- Serving temperature: 16 – 18 °C
Nero d’Avola, Sicily’s ubiquitous grape variety, exists in the island with so many biotypes, versions, features and interpretations that is really difficult to outline a single profile. Since this is a very elegant variety, one that knows very well the environment where it thrives, denying it the space it deserves would mean missing a central figure from our culture. We grow it at 200 meters above sea level on a fresh soil, with a fair amount of limestone and sand. This is how we got a leafy Nero d’Avola vine with juicy violet-shaded berries. The resulting wine is long lasting, fresh and fruity with strong hints of cherry and red fruits. In our opinion, it is so pleasant to drink that we have worked to make it a resourceful all-rounder that goes well with both meat and fish, especially if enriched with Mediterranean spices. Since it is a red wine, it is also made to cleanse the palate and make it ready for another bite… and another sip.